This is The Society of Literacy and Bananas! Association! We are a group of writers aiming to do a podcast by teens, for teens (or any age of writer, for that matter). Below are our most recent 'casts -- for past updates, please check out the Archives. Feel free to contact us with show ideas, personal stories, an answer to our weekly challenge, or just to tell us you love us ^_^

Friday, October 12, 2001

Andrea/Andi's Bio

On the dark and stormy night of November 8, 1993, Andrea Elaine Tonnies was born. Alright, so, it wasn't dark... or stormy... or night... but Andrea was indeed born.

Andrea really didn't know what she wanted to be until about third grade, when she wrote a story in her journal about a woman trapped in a dungeon who dug her way out with a spoon. When her mother read this, she said it reminded her of a book, and Andrea thought, 'wow, if I can write something that sounds like a book as a kid, imagine how good I'll be when I grow up' And she then started her career as an author. Her first book was a children's book called, “Rosie Meets a Dragon” In the fifth grade she started “The Trap Door Series” and six years later she completed the first book. Two years later, she's re-writing it because, as it turns out, when you start writing things in the fifth grade, the beginning of your book sucks. Andrea has dedicated the word “the” in all of her books to her friend Heather, and if, when her Debate coach gets a fez, he wears it with his bow tie to school, her first book will be dedicated to him. She is also in the habit of dedicating random chapters to people whom she likes. Andrea also greatly enjoys pool-stalking.

Andrea likes to go by Andi, so for the rest of this Bio, that's what she's going to be called. Andi loves to act, mainly because she gets to say things like, 'I'm an angry woman,' which comes from the time she played Juror Number 7 in 12 Angry Women. She also does debate, but not the arguing bit, she prefers impromptu (which is basically giving speeches without knowing what the heck you're talking about) and Interps (which is putting on a play, with just one person and no costumes or props). Andi loves to fall in love with fictional guys and has a list of 120 of them.

♫♪TOAD LOOKS FUNNY IN A BATHING-SUIT♫♪

Favorite Movies

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (1, 2, and 3)

Star Wars (4, 5, and 6)

The Princess and the Frog

The Princess Bride

The Mummy

Star Trek

Flipped

Inception

X-men (all of them, including Origins)

Hairspray

Back to the Future (1, 2, and 3)

While You Were Sleeping

You've Got Mail

How to Train Your Dragon

Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King

and well, almost every Disney movie.


Favorite Books

Ella Enchanted

Harry Potter

Lord of the Rings

The Hobbit

Goose Girl, Enna Burning, and River Secrets

Princess Academy

Artemis Fowl

Inkheart

The Tennis Shoes Adventure Series


Favorite Authors

JK Rowling

JRR Tolkien

Gail Carson Levine

Shannon Hale

Cornelia Funk

Chris Heimerdinger

Eoin Colfer

Nancy Springer

and of course

The SOLAB!A authors


Favorite Music

Relient K

The Aquabats

Counting Crows

Les Mes

Wicked

Princess and the Frog soundtrack

Weird Al

3 Idiots Soundtrack

Regina Spector


The Cat's Meow- Barbie

Never There- Cake

Planet X

Day-O

Sally Brown

Lullaby for a Stormy Night

Scarborough Fair

Caledonia

High on a Hill

Awkward Annie


Favorite Food

Sour grass

Chips and Salsa

Carnia Asada

Chili Verde


Favorite Color

Green


About Us * Home

7 comments:

Andrea Elaine said...

Andrea/Andi is going to say, that she likes ALL the star wars movies... not just the old ones. it's Katie that doesn't like them

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

But those are ALL of the Star Wars movies... 4, 5, and 6.

Andrea Elaine said...

Katie, I saw the new ones first, to me, they're all one, and no matter what you say I LIKE 1, 2 AND 3! ;)

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

Well, then, we shall simply have to accept that you have bad taste and leave it at that.

Andrea Elaine said...

Different Taste, Katie we have different Taste, it's like telling me to hate something i grew up on, I've been watching starwars for forever, and i know they're not brillant cinema masterpieces, but i still enjoy them.

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

I grew up on Christmas Vacation, that didn't mean I had to love it. And you spelled my name wrong (Katie vs. Kat!e)

Oh, and I want you to know that I'm not actually being serious about this argument. I mean, I AM serious that you like dumb movies, but I'm not trying to insult you or anything. So don't take me too seriously.

(AND my word verification for this comment is "squized" -- how cool is that? I think we should make it a word!)

Andrea Elaine said...

Sorry, I really didn't mean to spell your name wrong, bad habbits you know. And, well, I'm not going to change my views on what movies I like. but you should know i won't watch just anything, i actually detest North and South... so there.

I know you're not serious, I just find this rather fun :D

Squized, most definately should be a word :D